2001’s space oddity was the Russian space station Mir falling into the Pacific. It was also the year Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings duked it out at the box office, Apple introduced the iPod, Tom and Nicole broke up, West Wing took home the postponed Emmy’s, Winona forgot to pay, Enron filed for bankruptcy, and the tragedy of 9/11 changed us all. Here are the 10 best quotes from the films of 2001.
a man died, ‘Did he have passion?’”
1) “You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question after
2) “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
3) “Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is
more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do notlive at all.”
whether you do or not.”
4) “Don't you know that when you sleep with someone your body makes a promise
5) "We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are."
6) “It's called life, John. Activities available, just add meaning.”
7) “Fear is not what's important, it's how you deal with it. It would be like asking a
marathon runner if they feel pain. It's not a matter of whether you feel it, it's how
you manage it.”
War Photographer (2001) – James Nachtwey (himself)
9) “The best fighters in the world are people with nothing to lose.”
Buffalo Soldiers (2001) – General Lancaster (Dean Stockwell)
10) “It's what you do right now that makes a difference.”
Black Hawk Down (2001) – Jeff Struecker (Brian Van Holt)
Check out other 'Smartest Movie Quotes of the Year' lists:
2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2000, 1998, 1989.