Our final Top Ten of 2006 is our Guilty Pleasures list. These are quotes that aren't necessarily inspirational or funny, we just like them. Screenwriters can capture a sensation or define an observation in a way that resonates far beyond the experience of the movie. These are the quotes that creep into our daily commentary. Sometimes we even cite the source.
1) "Sometime ain't never now."
All the King's Men - Willie Stark (Sean Penn)
2) "Please don't interupt me when I'm asking rhetorical questions."
Mission Impossible III - Brassel (Laurence Fishburne)
3) "Sarcasm is the refuge of losers."
Little Miss Sunshine - Richard (Greg Kinnear)
4) "That's the beauty of the world, there's always something to put your life into."
A Prairie Home Companion - Axeman (Tommy Lee Jones)
5) "Did you know that the institution of marriage was created when the average
person lived to the age of 30?"
The Last Kiss - Kim (Rachel Bilson)
6) "I did it for the money. But it's not worth much if you can't face yourself in the
mirror. Respect is the ultimate currency."
Inside Man - Dalton Russell (Clive Owen)
7) "The friend of your youth is the only friend you'll ever have for he doesn't really
see you. He sees in his mind a face which doesn't exist anymore."
All the King's Men - Jack Burden (Jude Law)
8) "Rejection. That's what makes a college great. The exclusivity of any university
is judged primarily by the amount of students it rejects."
Accepted - Dean Van Horne (Anthony Heald)
9) "As the sound of the playgrounds faded, the despair set in. Very odd what
happens in a world without children's voices."
Children of Men - Miriam (Pam Ferris)
10) "Love is many things. It's varied. One thing it is not and can never be is unsure."
Madea's Family Reunion - May (Maya Angelou)