Robert Altman’s final bit of genius was producing a film about life and death in his final year of living. ‘A Prairie Home Companion’ features many insightful perspectives, including Reel Life Wisdom’s smartest movie quote of 2006 – “Every show's your last show. That’s my philosophy.” The Top Ten Smartest Movie Quotes list was compiled by surveying a variety of well-known and lesser-known movie reviewers on the web. Members of web discussion groups were also surveyed, providing some of the best recommendations for wisdom from the movies in 2006.
Smartest Movie Quotes of 2006
1) "Every show's your last show. That's my philosophy."
A Prairie Home Companion - Screenwriter: Garrison Keillor
2) "The further you run from your sins, the more exhausted you are
when they catch up to you."
Inside Man - Screenwriter: Rusell Gewirtz
3) "You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can't do something
themselves, they want to tell you that you can't do it. You want
something? Go get it."
The Pursuit of Happyness - Screenwriter: Steve Conrad
4) "He gets down to the end of his life and he looks back and decides
that all those years he suffered, those were the best years of his life
because they made him who he was. All those years he was happy,
you know, total waste. He didn't learn a thing."
Little Miss Sunshine - Screenwriter: Michael Arndt
5) "To find something, anything, a great truth or a lost pair of glasses,
you must first believe there will be some advantage in finding it."
All the King's Men - Screenwriter: Steven Zaillian
6) "A truly great structure, one that is meant to stand the test of time,
never disregards its environment. A serious architect takes that into
account. He knows that if he wants presence, he must consult with nature."
The Lake House - Screenwriter: David Auburn
7) "I don't want to be a product of my environment; I want my environment
to be a product of me."
The Departed - Screenwriter: William Monahan
8) "What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we do know
for sure that just ain't so."
An Inconvenient Truth - Screenwriter: Al Gore (quoting Mark Twain)
9) "Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently,
and for the same reasons."
Man of the Year - Screenwriter: Barry Levinson
10) "It ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit
and keep moving forward."
Rocky Balboa - Screenwriter: Sylvester Stallone