Throughout the decades, movie titles have featured the word ‘Man’, preceded by some other catchy word, like Weather, Rain, Invisible, Spider, Music, Cinderella, Inside, Quiet, Family, Lawnmower, Raggedy, Hollow, Demolition, Best, Thin, Little Big, or Marathon. We’ve seen 12 Angry Men, A Few Good Men, Grumpy Old Men, X-Men, Children of Men, and even Three Men and a Baby. Here are the seven smartest movie quotes about the Y chromosome gender.
1) “All a man needs in this life is someone to love. If you can’t give him that, give him something to hope for. If you can’t give him that, give him something to do.”
Flight of the Phoenix (2004) – Liddle (Scott Michael Campbell)
2) “Men need to feel essential and they don’t anymore.”
Before Sunset (2004) – Celine (Julie Delpy)
3) “Women need a reason for having sex, men just need a place.”
City Slickers (1991) – Mitch Robbins (Billy Crystal)
4) “Truly, for some men, nothing is written unless they write it.”
Lawrence of Arabia (1962) – Sherif Ali (Omar Sharif)
5) “It has been my experience that men are least attracted to women who treat them well.”
Death on the Nile (1978) – Miss Bowers (Maggie Smith)
6) "Men have this anti-intimacy force field around them. It is powered by sarcasm, humor, and aversion."
100 Girls (2000) – Matthew (Jonathan Tucker)
7) “Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group they’re rather stupid.”
Mary Poppins (1964) – Mrs. Banks (Glynis Johns)
Check out: The Seven Wisest Movie Quotes About Women