The 70’s featured a great variety of movie types, as the film industry struggled to reflect the growing disenfranchisement of individuals from the excesses of the 60’s. From war (Patton, The Deer Hunter) to action (The French Connection, Rocky) to crime (The Sting, a couple of Godfathers) to social drama (Cuckoo's Nest, Kramer vs Kramer), the era features a diversity of movie genres. Here are the wisest quotes from the great variety of Best Picture winners of the 1970’s.
1) “A relationship, I think, is like a shark. It has to constantly move forward or it
dies. I think what we’ve got on our hands is a dead shark.”
Annie Hall (1977) – Alvy Singer (Woody Allen)
2) “A man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.”
The Godfather (1972) – Don Corleone (Marlon Brando)
3) “It's hard for something to grow on something that's moving.”
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975) – Randle McMurphy (Jack Nicholson)
4) “Good health is the most important thing, more than success, more than money,
more than power.”
The Godfather II – (1974) - Hyman Roth (Lee Strasberg)
5) “When a man says no to champagne, he says no to life.”
The Deer Hunter (1978) – Julien Grinda (Pierre Segui)
Interested in more movie quote lists?
Interested in a movie quote book?