Clint Eastwood's dual film study, Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima, make him a front runner for best movie and best director of 2006. Together, these films portray the common humanity and cultural differences behind war. Before his directoral debut in Play Misty for Me, Clint was best known as a star of TV and movie westerns (perhaps because 'Clint Eastwood' is an anagram for 'old west action'). Although he has been a man of few words in most of his films, some of those words contained a little wisdom. Here are the five wisest quotes made by Clint Eastwood in his movies.
1) "A man's got to know his limitations." (Magnum Force)
2) "The old dreams were good dreams. They didn't work out, but I'm glad I had 'em."
(The Bridges of Madison County)
3) " if you lose your head and you give up, then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." (Outlaw Josie Wales)
4) "It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid. "
(High Plains Drifter)
5) "Girlie, tough ain't enough." (Million Dollar Baby)