Since the first Academy Awards in 1928, less than 100 movies have been selected as Best Picture by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. These Oscar winners have featured many memorable quotes, like “Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn”, “Make him an offer he can’t refuse”, and Gollum's drool-laden, “My precious”. All the top movies seem to have at least one quote that finds its way into our lexicon. Can you name the eleven Best Picture films that are featured in this 11 Quote Quiz?
Easy Quotes (1 point)
(1) “The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.”
(2) "Every man dies but not every man really lives."
(3) “Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.”
(4) “Music to drown by. Now I know I'm in first class.”
(5) “A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a
Harder Quotes (2 points)
(6) “I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around
accidental-like on a breeze. But I think maybe it's both. Maybe both are
happening at the same time.”
(7) “A relationship, I think, is like a shark. It has to constantly move forward or it
dies. I think what we’ve got on our hands is a dead shark.”
(8) “Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!”
Hardest Quotes (3 points)
(9) “Where does the power come from to see the race to its end? From within.”
(10) “I am a Muslim and a Hindu and a Christian and a Jew and so are all of you.”
(11) “I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a
product of me.”
Scroll down for answers!
(1) My Fair Lady (1964)
(2) Braveheart (1995)
(3) Casablanca (1942)
(4) Titanic (1997)
(5) The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
(6) Forrest Gump (1994)
(7) Annie Hall (1977)
(8) All About Eve (1950)
(9) Chariots of Fire (1981)
(10) Gandhi (1982)
(11) The Departed (2006)
What was your score out of 20?
Interested in more Quote Quizzes?